Research projects & clinical interest
- UVA, azathioprine & skin cancer (PhD project)
- Topical Photodynamic Therapy (PDT) versus 5- Fluorouracil in the treatment of field precarcinogenesis in organ transplant recipients
- Sequential Topical PDT & Imiquimod (Aldara) cream for the treatment of superficial basal cell carcinoma
- Principal Investigator SESAME multicentre study: Daylight PDT for the treatment of actinic keratosis (Galderma sponsored) 2016
- Skin Cancer in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukaemia patients
- Cutaneous Sarcoma
- MRI evaluation of BCCs of the ear pre-treatment
- Interactions of acute, latent and post vaccinated immune responses to Varicella Zoster Virus and its relationship with immunity to other herpes viruses in young adults and older people.
- OCT assessment of skin tumours of the head and neck. PhD student (UCL) Mr Dara Rashed (PhD awarded 2015 by University College London)). Co-supervised with Mr Colin Hopper, Eastman Dental Institute. Funding: Iraqi Government.
- Effects of IPL on collagen and DNA: PhD student (UCL) Ms Anna Maeva. Co-supervisor with Dr Laurent Bozec, Head of Research, Eastman Dental Institute, University College London. Funding: Self funded
- Topical Photodynamic therapy (PDT ) – established the PDT service at Barts and The London NHS Trust and University College Hospital
- Dermatological surgery- experienced in Mohs Micrographic Surgery, lasers and facial reconstruction techniques. Undertaken a post-CCT fellowship in Mohs Micrographic Surgery & Dermatological Surgery at University Hospital Wales, Cardiff. Subsequently Established the Mohs micrographic surgery service at University College Hospital
- Skin cancer- especially surgical and non-surgical treatment of skin cancer, pre-cancer and field cancerisation
- Skin cancer in organ transplant recipients, haemato-oncology patients and other immunosuppressed patients
- Immunosuppressive drugs (particularly azathioprine) and skin cancer.
- Photobiology- especially (1) the effects of ultraviolet radiation on skin and (2) DNA repair disorders such as Xeroderma Pigmentosum
- Systemic therapies for the treatment of skin disease
- Cosmetic Dermatology
- Skin Sarcoma